Why are DHS and non-defense government workers being armed with over 1 billion bullets?
James Smith, Contributor
On 9 Aug 2012, the Department of Commerce, for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration by way of the National Weather Service, put out a solicitation for a small variety of ammunition.
The solicitation breaks down the requirements:
· 16,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols to be factory-loaded .40 S&W caliber, 180-grain jacketed hollow point (JHP).
· 6,000 rounds of frangible, 125-grain CFRHT .40 caliber.
· 24,000 rounds of ammunition for semiautomatic pistols to be factory-loaded .40 S&W caliber, 180-grain jacketed hollow point (JHP).
In all, 40,000 rounds of ammunition, and only 500 Transtar II blue 24" x 40" targets are being ordered.
All the ammunition and targets are being spread out over the US to three locations, Ellsworth, ME; New Bedford, MA; Wall, NJ; and St. Petersburg, FL. Only the 24,000 rounds are being sent to Florida, no targets will be shipped there.
This all comes after the Department of Homeland Security requested a contract with manufactures for over 63,000,000 rounds rounds over the next 4 years.
And this raises other questions:
· Could not the US Government simply re-allot the ammunition from DHS to DOC?
· What is it about being a weather person that requires the training and use of a firearm?
· What future event is coming that makes the National Weather Service believes it needs to train and arm its employees?
We will report more about this as developments come in.
This article first appeared at Prepper Podcast Radio Network.
James is a father of four and grandfather to four. He and his wife of almost 30 years have been prepping since 2003. They live in a small town, with neighbors as close as 10 feet away and have raised chickens for 2 years covertly on less than 1/5 of an acre. He is a former corrections officer, insurance fraud investigator, and he served in the Navy for 6 years. He currently works for a corporation dealing with the disabled population and their benefits. He is the host of The Covert Prepper show and the Prepper Podcast Radio Network News, both heard on Blogtalk Radio.