[GRAPHIC IMAGE: To view unblurred photograph, click here.]
Chuzhou, Anhui, China, March 25, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) — The graphic photograph of an aborted 7-month boy is widely circulating on the Internet in China, following a forced abortion that took place on March 22, 2013, in Chuzhou City, Anhui Province, according to the human rights organization All Girls Allowed.
Ms. Lü, a 33-year-old Chinese woman whose husband reported the case and released the photograph, was reportedly pregnant with an over-quota child, an illegal act under China’s One-Child Policy.
Local Family Planning Officials were tipped off by an informant regarding Ms. Lü’s pregnancy and dragged her to the local hospital. There, under the authority of a local Family Planning Official named Mr. Cui, they injected a needle into Ms. Lü’s uterus to kill the baby inside and to induce labor. The dead baby emerged two days later on March 24.
Click "like" if you want to end abortion!
The brutal forced abortion follows the forming of a new Ministry of Health & Family Planning, and occurred despite a national and provincial ban on all late-term abortions. That ban was instituted following the high-profile case of Feng Jianmei, whose 7-month-old baby was forcibly aborted by Family Planning Officials last June. A graphic photograph of that forced abortion shocked the world and brought international condemnation against the One-Child Policy.
The ban on late-term abortions has since been adopted by provinces representing 87% of China’s population, including Anhui Province.
However, anti-one-child policy activist Reggie Littlejohn told LifeSiteNews.com last year that the ban on late-term and forced abortions was likely mere posturing on the part of the Chinese government.
“Forced abortion is already officially illegal in China, yet it happens all the time,” said Littlejohn. “In January 2011, Chinese President Hu Jintao told Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen that China had no forced abortion policy. Yet, since that time, we have received many credible reports of forced abortion.”
“Only when the Chinese government stops issuing abortion and sterilization quotients, and stops evaluating officials’ performance on the basis of reaching population control targets will we believe they are serious about ending forced abortion in China,” she added.
Last week, the Chinese government released statistics showing that 336 million abortions had been performed under its draconian family planning policies, dating back to the 1970’s.
“These unspeakable acts of horror must come to an end,” said Brian Lee, Executive Director of All Girls Allowed. “This case clearly reveals that no amount of ‘tweaking’ the One-Child Policy will enable national or provincial officials to rein in abuses at the local level.”
Lee called on top Chinese officials to abandon the one-child policy, “and to strip all Family Planning Officials of their authority to persecute innocent women.”
He also called on the international media to expose the case.
“We pray that Ms. Lü and her family would lean on the everlasting arms of Jesus, and that he would stretch out his hands to heal them from the deep wounds they have suffered,” he said. “We invite people everywhere to join together in prayer as we ask Jesus, the Lord of heaven and earth, to move quickly to end the One-Child Policy and to set his people free from the yoke of slavery that has kept them in fear these many decades.”
All Girls Allowed says it verified the details of the case with a Chinese reporter who interviewed Ms. Lü’s husband directly. Despite repeated attempts, All Girls Allowed was unable to reach the husband for comment. The story appeared briefly on Chuzhou City’s official website, but was soon taken down. The posting did remain on Google’s search results even after the article disappeared.