‘We’ve only just begun’: Why decriminalizing polygamy is so serious by guest writer, Dr. Lisa Severine Nolland UK
La Joie de Vivre 1:8 (Dec. 22, 2013) -- The Stakes of Polygamy [guest writer L.S. Nolland]
|Dr. Lisa S. Nolland, UK|
What is not widely understood is that there are various sexualities and ‘orientations’ (including polys, of whom the ‘orientation’ claim is publicly argued (4)) who make the same demands for legal and social inclusion and on the same basis as those of the now respectably mainstream LG communities. They are tired of waiting!
· Call LGBT activists out on their own hypocrisy. They continuously claim the moral high ground of including and accepting all: they are the Good Guys! However, this is a lie. They too discriminate. They too exclude, they too marginalize, they are just dishonest about it. Publicly demand that they actually include all the still-closeted sexualities and minorities or come clean.
· Sign up to receive emails from conservative family political groups. They may not be quite to your taste but co-belligerancy is critically important (think what would have happened in WWII if the West had refused to join forces with Stalin?). For instance, the Family Research Council, along with CitizenLink and NOM (National Organization for Marriage) have been three of the handful of groups pointing out the slippery slope from SSM to poly marriage. They produce good analysis which can be very useful; the Manhattan Declaration is another. (11)
· As you educate yourself on these issues expand your sphere of influence by engaging with would-be like minds. It is said that Winston Churchill won the war by talking about it. We need to start talking! Or passing on helpful materials.
· If you are part of a religious community, ask your leaders to raise awareness of these issues through their preaching, teaching and praying.
· Invest in and mentor your children and grandchildren; let them know your views and why you hold them. You want their best, so you hate what will harm them.